For Friday, April 22 nd
PROTEST SONGS: make a video to present and analyze a protest song you like (4 to 5 mn-presentation)
Here are all the steps you will have to go through:
– Set up your working party (= mettre en place votre groupe de travail).
– Choose the song you want to present to the class.
– Select a video of the song.
– Search the web looking for information regarding (= concernant) :
– the singer / band
– the historical context of the song
– its impact on the public.
– Tell the story.
– Analyse the message conveyed by the song at the time.
– Say what words , lines or phrases (= expressions) you personally relate to.
– Say if this message is still relevant today.
Here are a 2 sites where you will find a list of protest songs :
And a few ones to talk about music :
Enjoy your team work !!