Answer the following questions
1) Why did women throw stones at windows in Oxford Street at the beginnning of the film ?
2) What does Maud think about suffragettes and their fight ?
3) Describe Maud’s life .
4) Who is Mrs Haughton ?
She is a worker’s wife / she is a MP’s wife / she is a suffragist / she is a suffragette.
5) What does Maud’ s husband think about equal pay ?
6) Mrs Ellyn, the pharmacist, is a suffragette / suffragist. Justify your answer.
7) ‘’Deeds, not words’’, what does that mean ?
8) Mr Haughton collaborates / doesn’t collaborate with the police.
9) What happens to Maggie in the boss’ office ?
10) Why does Maud feel so bad about this episode ?
11) Search the internet : who was Llyod George ?
12) What happened at the parliament ?
13) What did Maud do there ?